Harold (Hal) L. Reiser
For three decades Hal has consulted about, and litigated, hundreds, if not thousands, of contract, business and real estate disputes in Federal and state courts and before administrative agencies. Hal consults with business owners, management and professionals in all aspects of business, commercial, real estate, employment, corporate transactions and related litigation. He has broad experience in contract law, damages and remedies, creditors’ rights, partnership disputes, mediation, arbitration and litigation and frequently appears in state and Federal courts in complex civil and administrative proceedings.
Hal’s areas of practice include employment, health care and business law, administrative proceedings and commercial litigation. He also represents licensed professionals in all phases of related civil, criminal, administrative and appellate proceedings and has represented hundreds of licensed professionals including physicians, dentists, pharmacists, nurses, psychologists, social workers, chiropractic physicians, realtors, appraisers and contractors before Utah’s Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL), the Real Estate Division, the Utah State Insurance Commission, the Federal Office of Inspector General (OIG), and various investigations by other Federal and state agencies including the FBI, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Studies and Utah’s Insurance Fraud Division.
Hal also represents owners and management in all aspects of business and employment law including defending employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Utah Anti-Discrimination and Labor Division, the Wage and Hour Division as well as claims and defenses under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family & Medical Leave Act, the Equal Pay Act, claims and appeals under Medicare Part B and investigations and audits by other Federal and state administrative agencies.
- Complex commercial, employment and civil litigation
- Negotiation, interpretation, and enforcement of commercial and corporate contracts
- Counsel to owners and management on employment law, regulatory compliance and related investigations and litigation
- Counsel to licensed health care workers, other licensed professionals, and management in governmental and investigations, disciplinary proceedings and related criminal and civil matters and disputes.
- Negotiation, formation, interpretation and enforcement of contracts and related commercial and corporate transactions.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Utah (1980, magna cum laude)
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Utah David Eccles School of Business (1984)
- Juris Doctor, University of Utah School of Law (1984)
- Staff member of the Journal of Contemporary Law/Journal of Energy Law and Policy (1982-1983)
- Judge Pro Tempore, Third District Court, Small Claims
- Court Admissions: Supreme Court of Utah (1984); U.S. District Court, District of Utah (1984))
- Twice named one of the Utah Legal Elite Employment and Business Litigation Lawyers in the Utah Business Magazine
- Fluent in Portuguese, conversational in Spanish.
- Interests include travel, scuba diving, photography, Judaica including ancient and modern scripture