Jeffrey L. Trousdale
Jeff practices law so that he can help clients redress wrongs and resolve complicated situations. When approaching a legal issue, he strives to consider the “real-life” issues that surround it: what are the motives at play, how will a specific legal action impact his client’s business or personal goals, and, ultimately, what will lead to the best possible result for his client? With that in mind, Jeff focuses on efficiency, clear communication, and pragmatism in his legal practice.
Business Formation and Planning
Jeff has expertise in all aspects of bankruptcy law, including debtor representation, creditor rights, representation of chapter 7 trustees, and defending against claims by trustees, creditors, and debtors-in-possession. Jeff is also experienced in commercial litigation, negotiating complex commercial transactions, and business formation and planning.
Jeff’s three years as a law clerk to the Honorable Joel T. Marker, in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Utah, grant him unique insight into bankruptcy law and the judicial decision-making process, and he utilizes that experience when guiding his clients through bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy matters.
University of North Carolina School of Law
- High Honors
- Order of the Coif (top 10%)
- Pro Bono Award (over 100 hours pro bono)
- University of North Carolina Consumer Financial Transactions Clinic, recipient of 2013 Clinical Legal Education Association Outstanding Student Award
- North Carolina Law Review, Staff Member
- Immigration Law Association, President
- Christian Legal Society, Vice-President
University of Portland
B.A., Communication Studies, 2009
- Cum laude
- The Beacon, Men’s Sports Reporter
- “Claim Objections in Bankruptcy,” Utah Bankruptcy Lawyers Forum, Speaker, March 2017
- Utah Bankruptcy Lawyers Forum, Trustee and Secretary of the Board (2014 – Present)
- Citizen Potawatomi Nation, Tribal Member
- Catholic Community Services, Refugee Resettlement Program, Group Leader (2014-2015)
- Justice Matters, Immigration & Anti-Human Trafficking Legal Fellow (2012)
- Missio Dei Community
Jeff is a competitive tennis player; a not-so-competitive soccer, volleyball, and basketball player; a bike-commuter, craft-beer enjoyer, and an NBA fan. Since moving to Utah in 2013, he has picked up downhill skiing and hopes to introduce it to his young daughter soon. On occasion, he likes to engage in discussions on theology, justice, culture, and life in general. Mostly though, he enjoys hanging out with his wife and daughter and exploring Salt Lake City (and the rest of Utah) with them.