Richard A. Rappaport
Richard’s area of practice is heavily concentrated in real estate: real estate finance, real estate related litigation, negotiating mortgage loans, real estate development, zoning, commercial and business litigation, as well as construction law.
Richard’s real estate experience helped him obtain a consent decree from Salt Lake County as part of federal litigation requiring fair treatment of manufactured housing producers.
Additionally, when the Utah Supreme Court required continuing education for bar members, Richard was appointed as one of the Utah State Board of Legal Education members to implement the rules and procedures for continuing legal education. His success in this position resulted in an appointment to the Board for a second term.
- Real estate finance
- Real estate related litigation
- Negotiating mortgage loans
- Real estate development
- Commercial and business litigation
- Construction law
- Bachelors of Science, Political Science, Columbia College, 1965
- Juris Doctor, Columbia Law School, 1968, cum laude
- Lecturer, National Business Institute
- Appointee, Utah State Board of Legal Education
- Appointee, Board of Utah Supreme Court
- Editor, Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems