William G. Garbina
Will prides himself on helping his clients solve problems – efficiently and effectively. In his nineteen years as a litigator and adviser, Will has helped his clients resolve problems through jury trials, bench trials, arbitration, mediation and negotiation. He focuses on early investigation and analysis to quickly assess the most cost-effective strategy for achieving the optimal result.
Will has litigated hundreds of cases involving construction contracts, insurance contracts, professional service contracts, real estate purchase agreements, loan agreements, leases, employment contracts, releases, non-compete agreements, stock purchase agreements, franchise agreements, and many others.
His in-depth contract litigation experience has given him particular expertise in the construction, real estate and title insurance industries. Prior to joining Cohne Kinghorn, Will worked in-house for one of the nation’s largest title insurers, a Fortune 500 Company.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Title Insurance
- Real Estate
- Juris Doctor, University of Nebraska College of Law, 1993
- Bachelor of Journalism, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1990
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, 2004
- Lorman Education Services Seminar, The Fundamentals of Construction Contracts, 2008.
- National Business Institute Seminar, Resolving Problems and Disputes on Construction Projects in Nebraska, 2006.
- Lorman Education Services Seminar, Construction Lien Law in Nebraska, 2005.
- National Association of Pipe Fabricators Seminar, Construction Defect Claims, 2005.
- The Argot of Title Insurance. Attorney at Law Magazine, Greater Salt Lake City Edition, 2014, Vol. 2, No. 4.
- Nebraska Supreme Court, Law Clerk to Justice David J. Lanphier (1993 – 1995)
- American Bar Association, Member (2000 – 2009, 2011 – Present)
ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, Member (2004 – 2009, 2011 – Present)
- Utah State Bar Association, 2012
- Nebraska State Bar Association, 1993
Member of the Inaugural Class of the Leadership Academy
- Omaha Bar Association, (2000- 2009)
- Creighton Preparatory High School President’s Parents Board, Member (2006 – 2009)
- Val Vista Homeowners Association, Board of Directors (2004-2007)
When Will is not in the office, he’s usually outside enjoying the scenic beauty of Utah hunting, fishing, hiking, camping or skiing. Having been born and raised in Nebraska, Will sacrifices a few Saturdays in the fall to watching college football.