Cohne Kinghorn P.C. tax practice encompasses all areas of tax planning, counseling, and litigation services for both businesses and individuals. Our lawyers are experienced in forming entities, structuring mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate transactions, designing and preparing partnership and limited liability company agreements, and configuring real estate and other investment transactions, always taking into account our clients’ overall strategies and the tax implications of these transactions.
In addition to larger enterprises, we also represent family businesses, privately held businesses, and emerging businesses. We help clients decide whether a limited liability company, a partnership, or a corporate form is best for them, considering their growth and financial objectives.
Examples of engagements in which we advise clients on international, federal, state, and local taxation, include:
- Structuring transactions to achieve business goals in the most tax-efficient manner;
- Organizing ownership structures to minimize taxes while achieving clients’ business objectives;
- Representing clients in tax examinations through administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service and state and local taxing authorities;
- Pursuing judicial relief in the U. S. Tax Court, the U. S. Court of Federal Claims, and in federal and state courts;
- Establishing and advising various tax-exempt organizations;
- Providing advice regarding income, employment, and state and local tax reporting.