Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning, and Probate
Cohne Kinghorn, P.C. assists clients with estate, trust, probate, and guardianship matters. Our lawyers are experienced and knowledgeable about property transfers during life and at death, including about the income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping tax consequences of estate planning and probate matters. They assist clients in planning to legally reduce such taxes.
Our attorneys also represent families and family members in guardian and conservatorship matters.
Some typical engagements include:
- Planning for small, moderate, and large estates to meet family and tax-savings goals through the use of wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, family companies, beneficiary designations, gift transfers, and other instruments;
- Planning for asset protection from unknown potential future creditors;
- Preparing long-term dynasty trusts, charitable remainder or lead trusts, grantor trusts, and other specialized types of trusts;
- Preparing powers of attorney, health care directives, family agreements, and similar instruments;
- Probating wills and advising on estate and trust administration and fiduciary duties; and
- Applying for guardianships or conservatorships for family members in need of protection, and defending persons in these proceedings.